O.T.: Dell 7510 issue

grnick50

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all,

I bought a very nice Dell 7510 Mobile workstation with 64GB DDR4 Ram and two SSDs:
1. Operating System SSD 512GB NVMe EVO950pro
2. VM storage SSD 2TB Samsung.

All is excellent. The laptop works fine except of one annoying thing.
When I power on my laptop it takes 5-10seconds to display the DELL logo and then another 5 seconds to show the windows 10 loading circles. After that everything is superfast as it is supposed to be.
I searched DELL forums, I contacted their support but no solutions was found. I read that other users have this issue two and many say that this is due to the DDR4 Memory training at startup. I have no idea what this means. It is annoying as it takes 25 seconds to boot. My previous HP ZBook15 laptop was booting faster with half the RAM.

Does anyone use this Dell Laptop? If yes, what boot times do you get?
The laptop has the latest drivers and BIOS update. I also tried leaving it with 32GB RAM, only on its primary banks. the behavior was the same.

Regards

I have two older Dell M6600's that are about the same way so this doesn't surprise me at all. It takes about 2 minutes to get Windows 7 running on them. I usually turn the Dell on then go back to get my tool bag or go get a cup of coffee while I'm waiting.

Hello all,

I bought a very nice Dell 7510 Mobile workstation with 64GB DDR4 Ram and two SSDs:

When I power on my laptop it takes 5-10seconds to display the DELL logo and then another 5 seconds to show the windows 10 loading circles. After that everything is superfast as it is supposed to be.
I searched DELL forums, I contacted their support but no solutions was found. I read that other users have this issue two and many say that this is due to the DDR4 Memory training at startup. I have no idea what this means. It is annoying as it takes 25 seconds to boot. My previous HP ZBook15 laptop was booting faster with half the RAM.

The laptop has the latest drivers and BIOS update. I also tried leaving it with 32GB RAM, only on its primary banks. the behavior was the same.

Regards

I have the exact same setup except the 4510 (needed smaller screen as I tote a lot). Mine is about the same boot time. Is what it is. However, I rarely shut it off...takes about 5 to 10 seconds to resume from hibernation.

HP Envy 17" W7P with solid state primary drive. Boots in a few seconds, until I installed some new Rockwell stuff, and now have to wait for FT directory **** to load before wireless gets connected.

Sent my old HP workstation in for a tickle me fancy upgrade. It has a real serial port and card slot. We deal with a lot of old control stuff they cant afford to upgrade. Some of this stuff is still DOS and we have old laptops for that.

As far as the HP Envy, it's really durable, and I'm in a lot of nasty factories. So far, so good, and think it was only around $1200.00 for this configuration.

Ford, Chevy, Dodge(Ram)... I bought a new 2016 Ram 2500HD, quad cab, long box, 6.4H and am still impressed with this rig after 10 months.

Hello all,

Regards

I have a new 7710 with Zenon processor, 32gb memory, and I substituted a Samung SSD for the 1gb drive it came with. My cold boot times are pretty much exactly what you posted.