Share variables over 2 PLCs - M241/M251

Vinnie_vdb

Hi folks. I have a question when networking 2 or more PLCs on how to share variables. The PLCs are M241 or M251 and connected via ethernet with each other. The programming software is of course SoMachine 4.1.
Anybody who can put me in the right direction please?

Thank you already.

Hi,

You can use the NVL concept to share data between M241 and M251. Please read more about NVL on the SoMachine Online Help File.

Attached is a picture of the help file location and a picture of what it looks like in SoMachine. It is very easy to set up.

NOTE: Only use for sharing/monitoring non critical data

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

NVL_PLC.jpg NVL_1.jpg

Similar Topics

I have a project with 2 M340 PLC's, a OFS OPC server and Vijeo Citect SCADA software. The SCADA system can read/write variables from each PLC with...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a problem/question concerning the SoMachine software. I have for the moment a M238 Schneider PLC (but the model is not relevant I...
Replies
Views
I'm using raspberry pi 4b to poll 3 different plcs with modbus tcp and then publish the tag data using mqtt sparkplug b back to my Ignition...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've got a facility that has multiple VersaViews across the floor. Every time I change the HMI, I've got to load it on each of them. Does...
Replies
Views
Just wondering if i can make my code look a little nicer and sharing storage bits like below https://imgur.com/a/SMNxOPu does this work or does...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom