Missing Powerflex 70 jumpers

So I'm building a PLC trainer that includes this VFD I purchased from ebay. Problem is that the guy who sold it to me didn't include a couple important jumpers. It needs the Enable jumper and the Safe-Off jumper. It won't operate without them, and there's no way around them inside the options as far as I can tell. My makeshit solution was just sticking some wire in between the pins so they make contact, but I did that just for testing purposes, and there's no way it will hold.

Is there anyway I could order replacement jumpers somewhere? And what would be the correct size?

Got any old PC's kicking around. I'm sure you could use a jumper from something else. Search on Amazon, you could probable get some to fit.
If your not going to use the function, solder them together.

Install hard wired jumpers on the terminals required to satisfy enable and safe-off conditions.

I like that soldering idea, but I'll check if I can find a jumper from an old computer when I get home.
Install hard wired jumpers on the terminals required to satisfy enable and safe-off conditions.
I don't think my powerflex version actually physically has the safe off component, but has those pins regardless.

As for the enable thing, Im not completely sure what the purpose is. I don't get the main difference between software interpreted enable and hardware enable. I understand that you can have like a relay contact that enables the powerflex whenever it's closed. Without the enable jumper plugged in though, the powerflex refuses to run even after I jumpered that #6 terminal. I get an "not enabled" fault.

This is what the manual says.

Hardware Enable Circuitry (Only Enhanced Control)

By default, you can program a digital input as an enable input. The status of this input is interpreted by drive software. If the Hardware requires the drive to be disabled without software interpretation, a hardware enable configuration is used. To use the hardware enable configuration, remove the enable jumper (ENBL JMP) and connect the enable input to Digital In 6 (see below)

Last edited: