1734 OE2V Not Delivering Voltage

StoneNewB

Good morning gentlemen,

I hope everyone is off to a good start from an enjoyable weekend. I'm working with a 1734 OE2V analog voltage output module right now. A problem I'm having is I cannot get this module to output voltage. I have a multimeter in the output connection and I'm reading 0V. I have no yellow warning icons in my I/O tree. Physically, the module has all green status lights. How can I get this to command a voltage? Am I using the correct tag?

plcs.jpg 20161017_083832.jpg

Last edited:
Is this a new install or old?
Was it working before?
Do you have field bus power hooked up to it correctly?

Your JPEGs are saying invalid attachment, try to repost them.

New Install.
Yes, field bus power is hooked up correctly. I can get 24VDC out of the bottom of the card, slot 6 and 7.

plcs.jpg 20161017_083832.jpg

You are changing the Low Order bit of the output word to 1. Since this represents a minuscule voltage increase you may not be able to detect it; try moving an integer value into the output word that corresponds to half the card's output range, instead.

I would use the first rung, so that you are going into a INT data type. Then you can use a DINT as your source. A SINT is only 0-255 Decimal, using the INT data type gives you 0-32767 Which allows you much better resolution.

I would use the first rung, so that you are going into a INT data type. Then you can use a DINT as your source. A SINT is only 0-255 Decimal, using the INT data type gives you 0-32767 Which allows you much better resolution.

Makes sense. Thank you for your time and help. (y)

The first rung is the way that I would do it too, and you have to.
The yadayadayada:O.Data[0] will only work for rack optimized digital IO. When you expand the array you will see one element for each configured slot, that should be 2 elements total for your configuration.