siemens plcs conected to ethernet want to be able to go online via modem

dbolton

As part of my university project i am investigating a network of siemens plc's both s5's and s7's which are all conected together and to a scada via an ethernet network.

I need to know if it is possible to acess each plc's program so it could be edited or monitered from anywhere on the ethernet.
With the view to connecting a modem so each plc could be acessed from another site?

I know that normally the plc program can only by acessed normally via its progaming port is there another way or special card that can be added to each rack or is there another way of doing this?

Hi,
Yes its possible, Basically one of our production facilities has this setup. We have a FI45 siemens PC running Windose NT
with Wincc collecting Data.We can access 10 S7300 + 2 S7400's (Connected via Ethernet) on this PC and remote monitor On/Off site via PC anywhere (a symantec product). The PC is also equiped with Step 7 & SimaticNet products.

Hope this what youn are looking for?

Regards
Steve

plc remote acess

thanks

so basically your using a normal p.c with s7 loaded on it as a programmer with pc anywhere software loaded on it.

(have seen that software used before when had trouble with a piece of german once machinery manufactures could go online via modem and my pogramer and you could watch the alterations on-line)

thanks again