Scada/plc

ali18

Hi everyone here,

There's something I'd like to ask about, and it's about the communication among some system which controls a process through a number of PLCs as well as SCADA,.. particularly the communication between the SCADA system and each PLC in that system… The story is: there's some gas-circulating system controlled by an integrated PLC (S7-300) and a SCADA system,.. the problem lies in the SCADA, as the HMI doesn't update the data coming from the PLC, or let's say the SCADA parameters (shown on the HMI) doesn't respond to the changes happening in the field switches / transmitters,.. I guess this is because of the communication itself, as the PLC itself is still controlling everything on the field so far!!.. Would you help me solve this problem?? Any suggestions are welcome !!

Thank you so much in advance..

What SCADA system are you referring to, as this might help answer your question?

Is "all" the SCADA data not coming in, or just some? If all of it is not coming in I would say the SCADA is not "pointed" to the right device, the IP address or driver not set up correctly or something along those lines. If it's only some things not updating, it could just be they are pointing at the wrong PLC tag.

What SCADA system are you referring to, as this might help answer your question?

Is "all" the SCADA data not coming in, or just some? If all of it is not coming in I would say the SCADA is not "pointed" to the right device, the IP address or driver not set up correctly or something along those lines. If it's only some things not updating, it could just be they are pointing at the wrong PLC tag.

---
Yes, the scada doesn't update any data coming in from the PLC and the field sensors/transmitters... Now, for this <<the IP address or driver not set up correctly or something along those lines>>.. Would you help me get how to set up the correct IP address for this system??? On the other hand, in terms of the other possible solution "driver setup", does this mean I need to re-install the scada software again??

Thank you sir for the reply!!

Can you specify the hardware and software that you are using?
The SCADA package can be made from many manufacturers. What package are you using?

Regards,