Mitsubishi HMI Upload

godcixelsyd

Hello again all! Today I am attempting to back-up (and possibly modify) a Mitsubishi A907GOT-LBD. Each time I try to test my communication configuration (in GT Designer3 which I am guessing is the correct software based on what the previous person in my position has left behind) I am receiving the attached error. I have tried all the selections for my baud rate, and have tried a couple different cables with no change in results. I am using RS422 (there is an interface unit installed, and so far I have only located RS422 cables for our Mitsubishi devices), and because I'm not hooked up to the PLC while doing this I'm booting up to a check communication screen which if I click ok a few times will go to the utility menu (or if I press the top two corners). Any assistance is of course greatly appreciated (I'm much more familiar with AB products so it has been a journey!). Thanks!

Capture.JPG

I don't see a box labeled 'transparent mode'. The only check box option I have on the communication configuration window is 'Acquire GOT Information and open the dialog of [Communicate with GOT]'. Also, is there a way to verify the baud rate from the GOT itself so I don't need to keep jumping around on the baud rates and testing?

I still haven't had any luck with this. Anyone else have any suggestions? Also, I still haven't found anything on a transparent mode option. Most of my google searches have lead to manuals which haven't given much information either.

Today I am attempting to back-up (and possibly modify) a Mitsubishi A907GOT-LBD. Each time I try to test my communication configuration (in GT Designer3 which I am guessing is the correct software based on what the previous person in my position has left behind)

I believe GT designer 3 is not the correct software. The A907 is a legacy HMI unit and will need GT designer 2. If you have the actual GT designer 3 software disks they include (at least in the version I'm using) GT designer Classic (GTD2 classic) in the disk 6 folder. You will need to run the setup file for this.
If you don't have this and find the original GT designer 2 disks as a FYI they will not run on operating systems after XP (the GTD2 classic on the GT designer 3 disk will run on 7 or 10 as well).

Thank you! So, I looked around on the laptop and found GTD2 installed. I tried doing a read from (upload), and it is getting a timeout error. Looking around most people had issues with their cabling, so I'll likely try making an RS-232 for this (right now I'm trying an RS-422 add-on module that it uses to connect to the plc) and see if that gets me any further. Sorry I'm just getting back to this, there have been a few other projects going on all at the same time.

I worked with the F series quite a bit which was the same generation and I believe you are correct that you will have to go through the RS232 port. Hopefully nothing is connected there (barcode reader?). If so there is a special procedure you have to go through to upload (if there is one let me know and I'll try to remember).

I'm just getting back to this part of my projects, and still have not been able to connect. Does anyone have a pinout for what this RS232 cable should be? titanspark76, thanks for your help so far. The 232 is open, and there is a RS422 interface installed that communicates back to the PLC.