Ftvs-me alarm display replace/on top help

bright676

I would like to change how a alarm display pops up. Right now when there is an alarm it is set to "replace". I dont want the alarm screen to pop up, I am using a go to button on all the other displays to view the alarms.

Is this possible? Looking at all my other displays they are also set to "replace" and they dont pop up like the alarm screen does.

Thank you.

Open the Alarm Setup editor and go to the advanced tab.
That is where you set which display will open when a new alarm is triggered.

My guess is that the display set there is a popup; not the replace display you created.

Thanks, but I dont see that option in the advance.

I can configure what messages to display by checking or unchecking the box at the end of each message in the message screen.

I just dont want the whole alarm display to pop up when there is a alarm.

Open alarm setup and the third tab to the right/last tab is advanced.
Clear the Current Display field and try it.

FYI-I haven't cleared it before so not sure if it matters or how it will behave.

Okay, I think I need to rethink what I am trying accomplish here.

I think I will need a whole different "message display" and not have the messages come up on the alarm screen.

What I am doing is keeping a log showing time a certain machine finishes its cycle to keep track of any down time they are trying to claim and the alarm display is not the proper display to do so, as I need to set up a message display.

Thank you

You can avoid the alarm popup if you go to Alarm Setup > Messages Tab and uncheck the display column for the alarm/message. The condition is still logged in the alarm summary.

Also, you can have a screen for alarms and other one for messages. Using filters you can separate "pure" alarms and alarms used as messages.

Last edited: