Downloading a project file to an IDEC HG3G HMI using a USB drive

Epy

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi, trying to use the USB autorun functionality of the HG3G to download a new WindOI-NV2 project file into the HMI.

My project file extension is n3g and I have the option to save as z3g for a project transfer, which is what I want I'm pretty sure. Problem is the USB autorun tool expects a znv file. Is it not possible to do this with an HG3G? Is it only there to download to a connected IDEC PLC?

I contacted support but only got a PDF version of the help file, which doesn't seem to mention z3g files at all. WindOI-NV2 help wasn't much help either.

At this point, guessing it can't be done, or the autorun tool needs to be updated or something. I tried renaming the z3g file to znv extension but got a file format error when I tried to download to the HMI.

Nevermind, got some help on this elsewhere. For anyone who searches, you go to download in WindOI-NV2 as usual but select memory card as what you're communicating with and that will dump the needed znv file onto a thumb drive. Then you can use the USB autorun tool.