Siemens SCL uploading

moelsayed

Hi,

Please I want to know if it is possible to upload SCL code from siemens PLC or not.

and what is the best way to get the SCL code from running CPU?

Thanks

Moelsayed

You can upload function created in scl - it's compiled to stl. But without scl source file it will be hard to figure out what is doing.

As adFox says, the SCL is a compiled language and there are no decompiler’s (to my knowledge) to regenerate the SCL source from the STL.

Depends on the complexity of the program code. When you have a function or function block with only simple operations, then it's you it's relatively easy to manually restore the original source code. An example which is relatively easy to restore, is the source from the Siemens library Cont_c PID FB.

It gets more complicated, when there were used UDTs/structs, At-views, more than one dimensional arrays or external datablocks. Structs or AT-views can't be restored. Some SCL control structures (For / Repeat) will generate the same IL code, so you can't determine which one was used in the original code.

Won't be scl though
Why do you think it's not SCL?
If it's worth to decompile, and you want to spend more than 10 minute, than it's possible. You can compile your SCL code back to IL and compare the code, and you can get 100% concistency. Compared to decompiling x86 Assembler back to C, IL/SCL is much more easier.

I've written a primitive SCL decompiler which detects the basic blocks and builds me some graphs for the control flow. This helps a little bit. See attachement for a simple for loop with continue.

graph-for-cont.jpg

Maybe sometimes it's good, not understanding all details of the english language ;-)

I won't share the complete code, but if someone has a precise question about a problem, I will always help.
And you'll gain a lot of knowledge if you understand how a compiler works.

There are people out there who think, they don't need password protection, they simply write the code in SCL an no one will get the code back.