Studio 5000 - fonts too small & other complaints

Peter Laing

Hey Guys,
I've been postponing the upgrade from Logix5000 v20 to Studio5000 v24 for some time and yesterday I finally took the plunge. But I'm a little disappointed in what I found. I don't like the desktop, the fonts are too small for my laptop display (1920x1080). The tag window is even worse, it has me reaching for my reading glasses! I've searched for settings but can't find anything to change. Fonts on my v20 desktop and tag displays are perfect. What gives?

And while I'm on...
It's also much slower than v20. Downloads to a L72 processor take about twice the time. And scrolling around the ladder editor lacks the smooth and responsive feel of v20. I'm using an HP EliteBook with a Core i7 CPU and SSD and it's not a slouch.

Although v20 has some crashing issues ( I think there was a fix to that but don't have access to it), I'm seriously thinking of reverting back to v20.

Does anyone else share these frustrations - Are v26 or v28 any better?

Cheers,

Pete

Hi Harry,

I don't have a problem with the ladder editor. I can change fonts and zoom quite nicely. My issue is that the tag editor layout is compressed by about 40% when compared to that in v20. See attached screen shots.

Thanks,

Pete

V20_Tags.jpg V24_Tags.jpg

Walgreens has 2.50 mag peepers on sale (3 pair for $18.00 )

I bought a set last Saturday.

I'm 51 now and things just keep getting smaller and smaller

Last edited:
It might be Ver24 is looking for a different Windows font, and if it is not installed on the computer it reverts to a generic default font.

One of the differences between 5000 and Studio is that Studio downloads more to the controller. Rung comments and such.

I'll buy another pair of specs (that'll make about a dozen;) and search for a new font.

I hadn't thought about stored rung comments. That's got to be worthwhile!