Alarm Messaging over ENET (Allen-Bradley)

sjepps

So I just started digging into this and haven't really found the specifics I'm looking for. Hopefully some of you might be able to point me in the right direction :geek:

What I am trying to do is have my controller (any AB controller, this is kind of generic) send out alarm messages over ethernet. I would then like to scavenge these messages and show them in a proprietary alarm messaging system.

I've read that it's possible to export alarms to a text file (I'm assuming a PC would have to be connected and live to do this?). My preferences would be a sniffer and scavenger though. The text file would be more of a quick and dirty way. I'm looking for something nice and streamlined.

I've also seen that it is possible to send the messages to a SQL server, but I'm assuming I'd need to have FactoryTalk? I'd prefer to keep costs down and not buy other software.