Precix CNC Router with Syntec Controller - Error 75

rkg3d

Hello everyone...just joined and I'm hoping someone can help me out with the following:

We have a Precix CNC Router with Syntec Controller (with Delta components).

It the past couple of months we've had to replace 2 faulty cables so I'm guessing my current problem could be yet another faulty cable....but I thought I'd try here first.

When trying to do a tool change the machine returns the current tool to its saddle...no problem....BUT, when it goes to the new tool and clamps onto it we get the following error:

PLC 075 No. 75 Spindle Tool Clamping Failure

The strange thing is, when I back the new tool away from the saddle it is clamped in place. It does not fall out. So I'm not sure why it's saying it's a clamping failure.

Any ideas or suggestions?

In the mean time I'm doing tool changes manually which is really cutting into production time.

Thanks
Ryan

In case this happens to anyone else...

I discovered it was a faulty cable.

When I pressed the tool clamping button the 2 correct LEDs inside the controller went on and off.
When I positioned the head over the tool holder and pressed the button...3 LEDs went on and off.
When I positioned the head approx. mid-way down the table and pressed the button, nothing happened.
I then grabbed the cable chain and moved it up and down...as I did this the tool clamp went on and off erratically...so it must be a faulty cable.