Programming limit switch for CU250S-2 DP Siemens drive

redbarron55

Hi everybody.
Today I need to program tow DI s for the Siemens CU250S-2 DP drive to act to stop the drive in the + and - directions when they hit the limits but allow the drive to be jogged out from that limit.
We had that functionality with the AB PowerFlex drives, but while the option might exist with the Siemens the programming and parameters are too confusing for an Alabama boy.
Has anyone done this?
We were talked into the Siemens drives by the programmer who said the Technology modules in TIA linked to the Siemens drives so well that we could do anything.
Serves me right for using the &^^%$ things in the first place.
Anybody have some suggestions other than putting the AB drives back in.
This is for an automated bucket crane project that has never functioned so you can't lead us very far from the goal, even if your suggestions are off a little.
Our client wants all Siemens Equipment so here we are!