Which control do you recommend?

asteroide

In the Plant We have AB PLCs, but all of them are different: DH485, DH+, RS232, Ethernet port or no free ports, between another limitations.

So, We think to add a new control in 10 points (machines),
This control will turn some light to certain hour in every point.

For example:

08:00 light green - check in
08:30 light amber - check pokayoke
11:00 light blue - lunch time
14:00 light red - check out

The time could be the same for all the points, but lunch time could change, also check pokayoke or another activity.

The area is 70m x 100m aprox. for the 10 points. (2 lines of 5 points)

I had though in a individual control for each point. Maybe ML1100 or Micro800PLC.

An issue that I see in this individual control, is the syncronization time, I do not want at 8:00 one or two lights Green turn on after or before than the others.

Also, the Boss wants a central control. To have the possibility of turn on some light when required.

Also, i had though in a Master PLC and 1734 Point I/O, but I think this option is too expensive.

What do you think or what do you recommend?

Thanks in advance

Your question is kind of hard to follow, but I think I get the idea. I would go Ethernet, that's the only "current" option for you. If you don't have enough free ports, throw in a cheap unmanaged switch. I like ML1400s, but for what you're doing, ML1100 may work. You can have one be the master clock and set the clock for the other ones.

At first, I had think in wired lights and a central unit, but We need 5-6 light by point. But 6-7 cables by line from central unit to each point, I think is to much expensive, by the cabling, pipeline, and modules to 60 outputs.

In the future I would like to add Points in a easy way. This is the idea of points with Ethernet.

Stack lights with Ethernet is a very good option. But, also I plan to add maybe another type of outputs, and some buttons in each Point (to request maintenance, quality, engineering....)

So, I am thinking to use ML1100 in every Point (10) with a Master PLC to control and syncronize time in all the PLCs.

Also, I had though in Micro820, have you worked with this PLC?
Do you recommend?
Could I syncronize the time in al the Micro820?
Could I send and receive some bits through Ethernet between Micro820 PLCs?

Thanks again

Last edited:
M820 has a built-in RTC and an Ethernet port, so they can "talk to each other", and syncronize time.

Just be carefull with the I/O limitation, see if it is enough for your future requirements.