which PlC IS THE BEST OVER ALL

yumeteor

I was given a project to find a PLC and to program it to work with our self cleaning water filters all I need is to mesure d/p on the inlet and outlet of the filter and energize a 3 way solenoid. In the future we will also add a motor to this application so when the 3-way solenoid is energized the motor will start.
I look on the internet and called companies but they dont have time for my questions. please help

To your question "which PLC is the best over all" there's but one answer: NONE. It all depends on what you want to do. If I look into what you're telling about your project any PLC with at least 2 analog inputs and 3 digital outputs will do.

Let me ask you this question: what car is the best over all? You could choose for size, speed, comfort, luxury, price and so on. I'm sure you cannot find the best car over all: if it was the best for speed and size, there will be one that's better on the price. If you choose the best one for the price, there will be a bigger, but more expensive one in view too. So for short I repeat my initial answer: there is no best over all PLC.

Kind regards,

That depends on who you specifically ask. Every person that uses PLC's will have an opinion and a favorite and they are all right. In general their are catogories of PLC's from most manufacturers that fit a certain application. This depends on quantity and voltage of inputs and outputs, how much code will be needed, communications to an HMI and Oh yea there is that price thing too.
To get back to your question it sounds like you only have a few inputs and outputs and you probably want the footprint to be small since it will probably mount in a J-box on or near your filter system. I would think you would be best off with a small dedicated I/O plc from Automation Direct or Allen Bradley (1762-L24BWA). It sounds like you might need a couple of analog inputs also so you will need to add an analog card to the base units.

The best is whatever makes you happy ;) .

In this case the best will have one analog input for a d/p sensor, and two digital outputs of some sort that will drive your solenoid and motor starter.

For these small jobs, I like Automation Direct, the 05-06 series bricks should do fine.

If you want a little screen with it then check Unitronics
or
add an ez-touch to the Automation Direct plc.

I like GE Fanucs versamax micro's. Automation directs DL-06, with the optional display that plugs onto the plc is nice to. For board type plc's, then I suggest entertron.

smart Relays, or really small plc's, then Moeller easy, Aleen Bradley pico or their $99 mini-brick.

I was a little excited about aromat awhile back, but not sure why this evening.

Again, it is all personal preference.

regards.....casey