Motor Control (Rookie)

Newbie2016

Hi,

As my name suggests I'm new to the control systems space.

I have a question regarding I/O for motor control.

If I am using a SCADA pc to control the start/stop functionality of the motor, will i still require push buttons in the control room for this functionality?

Through scada will replace the old push buttons. The only way I would say you still need them is if you want them to be able to start something in the case the scada is down.
Usually the ESD button and the reset buttons are still installed on the cabinet though.

Similar Topics

Kindly, has anyone tried to control Lenze servomotors with Siemens S120 drives ? Any special hints ? Have some concerns for the resolver and servo...
Replies
Views
Hey there, I just have a motor related question. I am using a 90V DC motor (https://www.motion.com/products/sku/03889770) and am controlling it...
Replies
Views
Does anyone have any experience with working on piezoelectric motor control? I want to use off the shelf components to hopefully change the...
Replies
Views
I'm controlling an Applied Motion HW23-601D using a Leadshine EM542S connected to a 2080-LC50-48QBB, using CCW, and experiencing some weird...
Replies
Views
This is my first time doing any sort of motor controls with PLCs so I am looking for some help determining what kind of equipment I will even...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom