FactoryTalk View ME- Display links to video's , notepad , manuals , etc.

Rob S.

Good Morning ,

I haven't had a chance to look at it yet , but I was wondering if you can
have "go to " buttons to go to training videos , pdf's , notepad , etc. I want to create a work station with ME that will show trends , machine settings , rates ,
etc . but also allow selections to notepad , so operators can type up shift reports
and also view training videos , and PDF's.

I plan on using a PC using FactoryTalk View 15 Runtime Display .

Thanks again for all your advice ,

Hi,

If you have a TechConnect access to the AB Knowledgebase, then look up technote #458918 - this has an example of how to launch other programs, such as the PDF reader.

Also see technote #116304.

It is mentioned in the User Manual 2711P-UM007_-en-p.pdf, but the technote is the easiest way of following it.

You will need to use the ME Program Launcher activeX control.
In FTView Studio, select ActiveX control from the Objects menu.

I think the help files have more info on that as well.

Thanks for your helpful responses . What is a .OCX file. When you select object / ActiveX you get selections to "register " and "unregister". At first it looks like you can drill right down to the PDF , picture , video , etc. that you want , until I ran into the .OCX extension .

Thanks again in advance .