AC890 Drive in Servo mode Encoder Issue

dobidust

Hi Guys

I am currently commissioning a AC890 Drive which has been setup in servo mode using an Heidenhain 1331 encoder. I did not design the system and only have experience with quadrature encoders so not sure how it should be set up. I believe it is wired correctly (see attached image)but I am getting a encoder feedback calibration fault. I have tried resetting the line count and also re calibrating to no avail. The image attached shows how the encoder block is configured but I am not sure what the 32 refers to as the encoder manual says 4096. I have tried changing the encoder lines to 4096 and experimented with different voltages.

The cable used is a endat cable 71-030258 see attached.

Any pointers would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

ENCODER SETUP.JPG D-Type connector wiring.jpg

Attachments

• endat cable pin out 71-030258-xx.pdf
    81 KB · Views: 6