RedLion Scaling Issue

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello. I am having trouble getting my RedLion G315C (Crimson V3) to properly scale a value, and quite sure it's something I am doing wrong. I am writing a value out to an MFC set point. It is 0-2000slpm flow and 0-64000 counts for the register. No flow request is 0, a 100% open is 64000. I have tried scaling several different ways but nothing has worked.

What is the tag data type? To hold a value of 64000, it will need to be floating point or unsigned integer. Or Double Integer.

What is the tag connected to (if anything)? If it is a device tag, you may need to specify the Data Source details type differently.

If you have the choice and the tag is internal, then use floating point and put your raw values in the "Data From" and "Data To" fields, and the corresponding values you want ot be seen by the user in the "Display From" and "Display To" fields...

Here is an example of a file I happen to have open where I am taking a radio heatsink temperature in Celsius and making it appear on the HMI as Fahrenheit. My example is using integers from a Micrologix, but I could (and would) have used "Treat As: Floating Point" if I needed to exceed the capacity of a signed integer:

Crimson scaling 000.png