Induction Motor Moves on MSO Command

Dustin11H3

Hey,

I have an induction motor with an encoder hooked up. We are running it in flux vector mode. We have imported it as a "servo" in CIP motion into Logix. We are having issues upon startup of this motor. We are using the motion direct commands to try and home this index so that we may use it in the main program. The issue we are experiencing is when we give the motor an MSO, it starts to move without being issued a command and then faults when it reaches the position fault limit. Then we will clear the fault, do another MSO and it will move back the other direction until again it faults out. Any ideas as to what may be causing this?

We are pretty certain that the program is not issuing it a command to move upon the MSO command.