Factorytalk Studio ME tagging issues...

joecool2112

Good afternoon,

Hopefully a simple one here. I have an existing Panelview plus 700 talking to a contrologix. This has been running and working for a couple years. I need to add a few simple momentary pb's to a second screen talking to the same cpu.

Im more of a Siemens/Interact guy but can function in the Rockwell environment relatively well.

I created the second screen, added and tagged the pb's as I wanted them and downloaded changes.

The screen works fine and everythign looks as it should but none of my buttons will have any effect on the cpu.

I think I have everyhting tagged correctly and I know the tags are tied to the correct buttons, still nothing. the original existing stuff still works just fine.

Would anyone have anywhere I might be able to start at trying to get this working?

Thanks much!

When you say you "Tagged" them did you tie the PB's to a HMI tag or did you connect them to a PLC tag?

While connected to the PLC test the runtime locally on your pc and look for error messages in either View Studio or Factory Talk Diagnostics. Did you browse the tags that you are using or did you copy them from another element?