WinCC professional multiplexing

zerocrash

Hi all,

I’m programming 4 PLC`s which in total are controlling 18 identical machines. The visualization of these machines are programmed in WinCC Professional.

With WinCC advanced there was the option to multiplex tags by using an textlist with all the different tags, and as control tag an index value which represented an machine number.

Is there an alternative method to set this up in WinCC professional?
I can use a script to do this, but maybe there is another way? Indirect addressing is also a possibility, I know you can do that in one PLC between different DB’s, but if I remember correct, indirect addressing between PLC’s is not possible.

PLC’s are Siemens 1500 series. Does anyone have a good suggestion to tackle this problem?

Thanks in advance.