Studio 5000 v24

Prayder

Lifetime Supporting Member
I just updated our Studio 5000 Version to v24 but all my program files are v21. How can I update my program files to v24 if I need to? I realize that all my new programs will be v24 so I was wondering how to update the others one as well.

I just updated our Studio 5000 Version to v24 but all my program files are v21. How can I update my program files to v24 if I need to? I realize that all my new programs will be v24 so I was wondering how to update the others one as well.

If you open a v21 file in v24 it will ask you if you want to upgrade it to v24. Simply click Yes and Studio 5000 will do the rest for you.

Regards
Ian

I thought the version used depended on the firmware of the processor it was being downloaded to. this is why you need to have all the versions on your laptop, I could be wrong.

I thought the version used depended on the firmware of the processor it was being downloaded to. this is why you need to have all the versions on your laptop, I could be wrong.

That is correct. The Logix software version on your PC and the firmware version of the controller must match to be compatible. You can update your programs from version 21 to version 24 by changing it in the controller properties in Logix, but if you want to download or go online with your updated programs, you will need to flash your processor's firmware to version 24 also.

Assuming that you have both V21 and V24 installed, open your V21 program, go to Controller Properties, click the Change Controller button, change Software Version to 24.

Keep in mind that going back is not that easy. It does keep a backup though whenever you change revisions.

Thank you for all the quick replies. I have updated the program file and the controller.. Thanks again guys!!!

Hi Everyone !

I'm looking for rslogix 5000 version 21.03. Can Someone help me
to find a link to download it ?

Thanks the corporation !!!

Hello Dravik,

I just find the EDS, or FW files... I have to write a so small project,
so if trial version (15 days) available, will be good for me..
I have a 1769-L30ER Compact Logix CPU.

Thanks Your help.

I do not believe there is a trial version of 5000 that can program that controller.

I *think* the cheapest option you have w/ that controller would be the mini edition
(9324-RLD200ENE (English) or 9324-RLD-200INTL (International))

You'd need to contact your local Rockwell dealer to buy it.
Alternatively, You could contact a local integrator and see if they can assist you.