HMI Shortcut {::[SLC500]B18:10,L2} 32bit?

ian.smith7

Hi all
I found this Shortcut {::[SLC500]B18:10,L2} in a PV+ pointing to an SLC500. Is it 32 bit looking at B18:10 + 11?
Only 16 bits (B18:10) are used in the PLC & HMI program.

Now for the stupid question. would L3 = 48 bit & L4 = 64 bit?

Cheers
Ian

Okay found this in Document 25342 on Rockwells site.
The L2 value is the array size and can be up to 10 (L10) for 10 consecutive Bit registers but can be bigger for N registers.
Probably the reason I did not recognise it is it only (?) applies to HMI alarms, something I have not dealt with a lot.
ian

You've got it; that's a typical address for a two-Word block of data used for Alarm triggering in a PanelView Plus.

The thing that I always have to get straight is that when you use "Least Significant Bit" (LSB) mode for triggering Alarms, Bit 0 of the Word is Alarm trigger position 1.

I've done a lot of applications for PV+ where the first test showed "hey, the wrong alarm is showing" because I forgot that difference in numbering.