Android + Scada

Luchian

Hi guys,
I have to ask you something. I have in my mind to develop a little app in Android where I want to design a "miniScada". The app will run it on a tablet and I want to connect my tablet to Scalance module(wi.fi) and control my Plc and the entire process. Is that thing possible ?
Thank you !

It is definitely possible. There are libraries out there (like libnodave for S7) that can pull data straight out of the PLC.

If you don't want to do all the backend work yourself, I think many SCADA systems have phone/tablet viewable options. I know WinCC from Siemens can compile the screens to HTML5, although you still need the server somewhere.

They also have an actual ios/android app you can use to monitor your PLCs (assuming a recent siemens PLC). https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.siemens.simaticS7

Alot of new PLC's have built in web server which means you could configure a HMI/scada as a web page and then use a wireless router and connect to the IP address with your android/iphone/tablet/pc