File Search And Compare, Show it on Factory Talk View

arnabbanik

Hello Everyone,

I am searching doing a search using my compact logix L33 and I want to show all the data found ( it can be as high as 60, 70 barcodes) on the factory talk view screen as a list? So pretty much like, user enters a delivery number and hits the search button, I search the database and should be able to show the user all the bar codes associated with that particular order number. Right now I am using a list selector and associating each state with a tag. I was hoping there should be a better and cleaner way to do this.

Any ideas or help is highly appreciated.

One possibility

Populate a separate array with the search results then display the array.

Populate a separate array with the search results then display the array.

Thanks Doug for getting back to me. Right now I am using a piloted list selector to display it. Can I display the whole array there? Is there a text box or something similar where I can show all the values at once?

Using string array tags in a piloted list has worked well for me but for the volume you are talking you would be best to have a text field with the array tags and then use buttons to copy different chunks of your results into that array to page through the results. You can have buttons to provide actions for each item. It depends if you just want to display or if you want action based on selection.

it provides a similar functionality but is far more customisable.

You can use the list selector; use embedded variables for the caption.
Use Doug-P's idea of a separate array. That temporary array is the one you want to use for your embedded variables.

With the list selector you can use the up/down and page up/down arrow keys.