Question concerning GuardMaster 440C-CR30

Rob S.

I am thinking of using the GuardMaster 440C-CR30-22BBB with a 440C-ENET
Ethernet add-on. I imagine it is programmed by the CCW software , correct ?

Do you know if I can display the results within this GuardMaster 440C , to a Panelview Plus or other HMI ?

Thanks in advance,

If you only want to do a simple safety system the relay is capable enough.

It is programmed using CCW and the functionality seems to be deliberately crippled to prevent it from canibalising sales from real safety products.

You can add it as an EIP device with the add on profile. The profile allows all the inputs (safety monitoring functions) and outputs to be monitored along with any intermediate logic states. Signals can be sent via the output image of the PLC to the safety unit for inputs.

I don't believe it can be accessed standalone from a HMI.

There is some sort of Modbus support also but I have had nothing to do with that.

Rob - It is now possible to configure a 440C-CR30 using either the free CCW or via RSLogix 5000 / Logix Designer v20 or later using Add-On Profile v2.0 or later. The logic editor for the CR30 is essentially the same in either environment.

As Geoff described, the easiest way to display the results on an HMI would be to connect it to a Logix controller via EtherNet/IP and then display to any HMI from the Logix controller - all relevant information in the CR30 is passed to the Logix controller via Ethernet and given named tags in the AOP. That said, it is possible to directly connect an HMI to the CR30 as well. Option one is connecting a PanelView 800 via RS232 using Modbus. The CR30 acts as a Modbus slave using the embedded RS232 port. The other direct HMI connection option is connecting from a PanelView Plus (FW 7 or later) over Ethernet. This is far more complex than using a Logix controller as the collector of the data for display, but at least it's an option for situations where you don't already have a Logix controller. There is sample code for both of these options on RA's sample code library.

I did not know about the AOP v2 doing config. I am currently downloading V3. Maybe that version make them less **** too.

I have a machine with 5 zones and 10 of these units on it (don't ask why). CCW and usb connectivity is a sure recipe for madness when you need to follow signals between units.