Unity Pro xL Tag Errors

kingofpoland2

Hello all,
i am having difficulty trying to figure out why im receiving errors (after analyzing the project created)..
under all my tags i have the following errors:

"{Elementary Variables} : The topological variable is incorrect. : T1_Raw_Flow"

Once i remove the alias to the channel, the error disppeared for that specific tag.

i really dont understand what do they mean by saying variable is incorrect. the card is setup properly, the tags are aliased and i can see them showing up on each channel of the card once in the I/O tab of that card. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Last edited:
can you post little bit more info of problem.

Which Unity PLC, P57, M340 or maybe M580?
What card?

On M580 you can have to choose on project creation if you use topologiacal IO or symbols directly.
And on M340 you can chooose if you use topolocical or modbus addressing.

basic addressing on topolocical setup is for analog:
int/ address %RACK.SLOT.CARD.Channel

and for binary: ebool / %rack.slot.card.channel

have you bool type variables for IO?

I am running P58 2020 controller with basic analog in/out cards (BMX AMI/AMO 0810)

and yes you are correct for addressing, i got something like this
%CH0.2.0 (which would be rack 0, slot2, channel 0)

i think i have figured it out though. i changed the type of the tag from REAL to T_ANA_IN_BMX which is im guessing internal data type of that specific card and the error went away.

T_ANA_IN_BMX is IODDT type variable. (IO derived data type.)
It gives also other info from analog channel/card (measurement errors etc.)

You can also use int type variable with address %IW0.2.0, it gives only measument without any other info. (channels are 0..10000 points by default. Data type is integer)

so analog channel 0 = %IW0.2.0
channel 1 = %IW0.2.1
channel 2 = %IW0.2.2
channel 3 = %IW0.2.3

or IODDT type with addressing %CHxx.xx.xx

http://www2.schneider-electric.com/...83000/FA283965/en_US/IODDT_FOR_BMX_ANALOG.pdf

Ahh yes! Thank you!
i was going to go with the IODDT type but i didnt like how the tag was expandable and there was tonnes of usless info on it.

INT with %IW works alot better in my situation!

Thanks!!

if you still need error bit of channel, it should be possible to address bit with address %Ir.m.c.ERR (I need to check this for sure. it can maybe be also %IW0.2.0.err if you look it directly)

Or you can compare analog value (%IWxx.xx.xx) with timer. If it goes much different than 0..10000 then channel is under or overshooting of 4-20mA measurement.

Last edited: