simple question

simister

I am trying to program an altech smart relay. I want to be able to flip a switch that will turn on the power and once the power is on have the coil trigger a solenoid and hold it open for 5 seconds, then close for 10 seconds, and repeat this until the power is turned off. Once the power is off it resets to it's original state.

What is the Model# of the smart relay?

Also, what are you having issues with as you try to program it? (read: what have you done so far?)

I assume you are using ASRSOFT to program it correct?

it is an ASR B24DC. I have no idea what I am doing.

I have a laser sensor I am using right now as my switch. If I hold my finger under it it turns on, if I remove it, it turns off. I want to be able to hold my finger under it and have the valve open for 5 seconds and then close for 10, then open for 5 and close for 10, until I remove my finger.

I have tried putting I1 then T1 (sot sure what I need to set the timer to. is it a delay start, leading edge, or whatever) with Q1 (my switch).

I have also done I1 with T1 with an unequal on/off and a 5 second on and a 10 second off. Also I have Q1 and Q2 and if I do this and hold my finger under it the valve just keeps rotating with no stopping.

I got it! I did the following

I2------t1 (equal/unequal ON/OFF 1, 10 sec on and 5 off)---t1 (same thing again)---TT1 (equal/unequal again)as the coil, and Q1 under TT1 and Q2 under that.

I don't understand why I have to have to have three sets of equal/unequal settings for it to work. If I remove the first t1 it doesn't work.

and why do I need to have it 10 sec on and 5 sec off if I am looking to have it turn on for 5 sec and off for 10?