panelview 1000 tags

BOWRIDER

Esteemed gentlemen,
I have a question or two regarding the Allen Bradly panelview 1000. Specifically, I am interested in knowing a little more about the tags assigned to objects. This perticular device is connected to a slc 5/04 processer via RIO. What I am curiose about is an object on one of the screens, an numeric keypad enable pb. Under the properties menu it is utilizing 4 tags. write tag, notification tag, handshake tag, and display tag. What I would like to know is What aspect of the communication process do these tags represent. Also I would like to know in what order are they used. I hope I have explained this properly. A simple "dumbed down" ( as I have seen it described here before) explanation would be greatly appreciated.
P.S. forgive me if I do not respond immediatly to any follow up dialog right away. We are rather busy here tonight.

I never use all four. Write tag and display tag, I know. The others, I'm a little fuzzy on. I usually check the manual to be sure, but here you go:

Write tag - The memory location which will be set/reset by the pushbutton.

display tag - The memory location used to change the status of the button indicator. Usually, I use the same tag as the write tag. But you could use separate memory locations, kind of like an illuminated open(ed)/close(d) pushbutton.

Handshake and notification allow you to write your PLC program to verify read/writes from the PV and select times which the PV may not write data. For most applications, you won't need them.

AK

akreel
Thank you for your reply, I have actually managed to sift through all information mish-mash at the AB web sight and found a manual for Panel Builder 32. Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Thanks again for your help!