Omron SCB41/CX-Programmer display update

automatic

The setup:
- Omron CS1G-H CPU45 Processor with a CS1W-SCB41-V1 card
- Port 1 of CS1W-SCB41-V1 (RS232 port) connected to COM 1 of computer running CX-Programmer v 3.2 using Sysmac Way
- Using default settings - 9600, 7, 2, E in the Peripheral Port settings

The problem:
It takes 2-3 seconds to see an input or output change when viewing the ladder in CX-Programmer. If the computer is connected directly to the CPU using ToolBus, the update is instantaneous.

I am going to try to increase the baud rate to 19200 and see if it makes any difference. But are there any known issues in this setup anyone has come across?

Thanks!

On the peripheral port settings, do you have the "autobaud detect" check box turned on? If so, you're probably connected at 115.2K rather than 9600.

Jay Anthony said:
On the peripheral port settings, do you have the "autobaud detect" check box turned on? If so, you're probably connected at 115.2K rather than 9600.

I don't remember seeing an option to "autobaud detect" in the PLC settings. Is it in the "unit setup" for the module? I can get to the PLC only next week, so I will check if it has that option then.

Thanks!

If the computer is connected directly to the CPU using ToolBus, the update is instantaneous.
The question was not about the SCU serial port, but about the settings on the peripheral port driver (Toolbus). If you're updates are instantaneous using this connection, you may be connected at 115k rather than 9600 if the autobaud detect check box is selected. There is no "autobaud detect" on the serial port of the SCU. You may want to consider using the CPU serial port as it supports 115K unlike the SCU.

Thanks Jay! I guess toolbus is set to autobaud and the peripheral port was set to standard.
What is the maximum baud rate on the CS1W-SCB41-V1 module? Just browsing through the manaul, it looks like it supports 115K baud rate. Can you confirm?

Thanks!

Do you really habe a -V1 SCU? Omron has only been shipping them the last month. It will say -v1 on the front of the module. If so you can set the module for 115K. You will also get better performance out of toolbus at this speed. (It's a binary protocol and Ssysway is an ASCII protocol.)

Its is a CS1W-SCB41-V1, not an SCU. I am sure its the -V1 because I wrote down that number from the unit myself. I read through the manual on Host Link communication and I believe it will support up to 115K. I will test it anyways at the earliest and post if it improved the update rate.

Thanks!