PIC programming

SeanLee

I am interested in PIC programing and was wondering if any of you can direct me to the best way to learn

witch PIC programing kits are best and what pic are worth buying

I am a student but only a technichan student
PIC programing is for my own knowledge they dont even teach us what a PICis in my school. i just have a desire to larn more than what i am being taught.

i just thought i would askbecause i am a regular visitor to this site and you all seem to know your stuff sorry for thinking i could get a decent responce not a smart *** coment

I dont think anyone was offering smarta$$ comments, they did offer answers to where to find information on PIC which is what you asked for.

If you are actually looking to do PIC (Peripheral Interface Controller) microcontroller programming you can goto Radio Shack and obtain starter kits.
http://www.radioshack.com/category.asp?catalog_name=CTLG&category_name=CTLG_011_002_005_000&Page=1

You can also do a search for Basic Stamp.

Wikipedia.com offers a definition of PIC and links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PIC_microcontroller

We can only offer an answer on the question that is asked.

Seanlee,

I suggest you check out Digikey.com

Definately look at Basic Stamp and Rabbit. Buy some SSRs (solid state relays) create your own PLC and become rich.

While you do this 'larn' to adjust your 'tude.

Rod (the CNC dude)

Sean Lee,

you could program the PIC in a sort of PLC fashion by using Parsic . It's affordable (only 139 Euro for private use only) and you can download a demo to test it first.

Kind regards,

SeanLee
i just thought i would askbecause i am a regular visitor to this site and you all seem to know your stuff sorry for thinking i could get a decent responce not a smart *** coment

And this is what I got for sharing links you asked for?

You should take some ethics classes, you need this.

Speaking of Microchip PICs:
I am doing this stuff for years and can offer help to anyone who ask questions, but at the different forum.
Every site has own speciality and you can get much better response by posting questions at right board.

Last edited:
couldn't help but notice the resemblance ...

sorry I am, Obi-Wan ... but teach this young one I cannot ... patience he lacks ...

[attachment]

just remember everybody ... no matter WHAT you post, it ALWAYS comes out harsher in print than it would seem if spoken face to face ... so throw in some of those cute little smilies from time to time ... and try to read everything with an extra measure of understanding ... and let's get on with business ...

cut.jpg

Last edited:
I didnt see any smarta$$ comments until Sean made his second post, after that I think the problem was that Sean may have meant PLC not PIC] so took offense at the answers because of his own mistake.

If someone wanted to be a smart A then they could have commented easily on this:
witch PIC programing kits are best

I dont know of any PIC that practice or offer magical abilities.

witch:
n.
A woman claiming or popularly believed to possess magical powers and practice sorcery.
A believer or follower of Wicca; a Wiccan.

which
pron.
1. What particular one or ones: Which of these is yours?
2. The one or ones previously mentioned or implied, specifically:
a. Used as a relative pronoun in a clause that provides
additional information about the antecedent: my house, which
is small and old.
b. Used as a relative pronoun preceded by that or a preposition
in a clause that defines or restricts the antecedent:
that which he needed; the subject on which she spoke.
c. Used instead of that as a relative pronoun in a clause that
defines or restricts the antecedent: The movie which was shown
later was better.
3. Any of the things, events, or people designated or implied; whichever: Choose which you like best.
4. A thing or circumstance that: He left early, which was wise.

adj.
What particular one or ones of a number of things or people: Which part of town do you mean?
Any one or any number of; whichever: Use which door you please.
Being the one or ones previously mentioned or implied: It started to rain, at which point we ran.

I am pretty sure he was talking about PIC programming kits: all PIC require programmer mostly sold as a DIY kit.
It is always big discussion at other forums what PIC programmer KIT is better.

If he is a regular visitor of this board, as he claims, he can't mis-spell PLC 4 times in 2 sentences.

If he really misspeled PLC as well as "witch" - time to take another class...

Microchip rules !!!

Do not even bother with other brands. Since learning this stuff is important to you, you should start with the best.

Atmel has some nice things to but you will find better tutorials and help groups on the web for Microchip than any other brands.

There software has even a object-oriented look !!!

So, for the VB lovers its easy to browse.

Google the pic guys and read.

Asd for purchasing, I cannot emphasize enough the use of eBay. Thats where I get most my stuff.

You will get the same chip or better in a quantity of 5 for the price of 1.

And its cheap to mail to you so you'll get it fast.

They are the leaders in sales around the world an would you beleive it, they have the exact oposite way of dealing with Users than Arthur-Bertha.

They help!

Don't hesitate. Give them a call and tell them exactly your situation... Student... wanting to learn...what do I need? You'll be amazed of there will to go the distance to help you get started in the wright track.

Last edited:
i want to apologise for the last post
was having a bad day and was taking things wrong

i found out that they have eliminated day care assistance
in 4 year schools so now i dont think i will be able to go
on to go on to better education next year

again i apologise