Siemens S7 Transfer to Lb1 question?

russg

Hi,

I'm reasonably experienced in siemens S7, but I don't remember coming across this kind of interger / variable.

I'm assuming it means load the word data into byte 1 of the accumulator?

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks.

Russ

That is very bad programming. It loads DB140.DBW82 contents to fc's or fb's local data area with absolute address (temp in declaration). If programming of said block is changed it might result in unpredicted function of the block.

Hi, thanks I managed to work it out and prove it with the simulator.

Thanks for the quick feedback.

That is very bad programming. It loads DB140.DBW82 contents to fc's or fb's local data area with absolute address (temp in declaration). If programming of said block is changed it might result in unpredicted function of the block.
It might not necessarily be because of bad programming style.
It could be that the original program had a TEMP defined, and therefore LB1 has a symbolic name. What you see from the screenshot could be something that you see when you upload and view a program for which you do not have the source code.
The way Russg writes I think that this is not his program and maybe he has uploaded it.

But for sure, when writing code one should NEVER address the Local Data directly.
One can say the same for the absolute addressing of a datablock address such as DB140.DBW82.