Displaying Degrees °C or °F in Red Lion Crinmson3.0

gbradley

Lifetime Supporting Member
Can I add a text suffix to a Databox?
Particularly I want to make the Data of 100 to read 100° C
I think that I might be able to use Complex code, but I don’t know the syntax.

Can I add a text suffix to a Databox?
Particularly I want to make the Data of 100 to read 100° C
I think that I might be able to use Complex code, but I don’t know the syntax.

In the options for your tag, go to Format, select numeric for the type, and down below will appear "Format Units"

To get the degree symbol to appear in a field, click the field to get your cursor focused there then hold down the ALT key and use the numeric keypad and type "0176".

Also in Crimson and some other editors, I like to put one space at the beginning of all my units. I think it makes the values more readable with a space between the value and the units.

To get the degree symbol to appear in a field, click the field to get your cursor focused there then hold down the ALT key and use the numeric keypad and type "0176"....

Thanks, yea, my laptop doesn't have the Numeric Keyboard, so I just copied the ° symbol from the Character Map.
Alt 0 does something completely different on the laptop.
Thanks Epy for pointing me in the right direction.
I hadn't even thought of it until my operator asked "Is this in degrees Farenheit or Celsius?"

And if you tell me it's 22°C outside, I have no idea what to wear.

I like the better precision of Fahrenheit without having to use decimal places.

I like miles better than kilometers too, but it's what I was raised with.

Slightly OT.. Had a project once where I had to be able to toggle from Metric to Imperial values and vise versa.

I forgot that hysteresis setpoints and absolute setpoints are converted slightly different.. Man that was a ***** to find out.

Bumping an old thread to ask a related question:

Is there any way to programmatically change the display units for a given numeric tag? I would like the end user to be able to set up an analog IO point with whatever properties they need. But I don't see a way to use a string or complex expression in the units field.

Can I possibly write to something like variable.units in the program editor?