Possibly the shortest program in the world

BachPhi

I came across this program, very short! lol.

Shortest_Program_In_the_world.png

Eh, it's 50% longer than it needs to be. You only really need the timer contact on the second rung...

Edit: I'm also not seeing how that is an effective anti-tiedown program..

Last edited:
Never mind that it doesn't accomplish what it appears to be trying to accomplish, that being anti-tiedown. It is pretty short, though. Not as short as it could be but pretty short nonetheless.

Keith

Never mind that it doesn't accomplish what it appears to be trying to accomplish, that being anti-tiedown. It is pretty short, though. Not as short as it could be but pretty short nonetheless.

Keith

What are they trying to accomplish? What is meant by "anti-tiedown"?

If this is really a safety function to prevent someone from getting the fingers chopped off, then everyone incl. Bachphi failed to notice the real issue.
Two-hand control must never be made with a regular PLC.

I said "I came across" , I dont even know if and where it located. It's funny that someone built a PLC with two rungs program. But you brought up a good point about safety.

it may be a short program but it don not do what the want it would work the same with just the 2 buttons then the output in 1 rung timer is unnecessary

Did you go to IO Config and see what the PLC setup was?

Like a SLC5/5 in a 10 slot rack?

A 32pt Input?

Aabeck, very funny! I will look on Monday, but I'' bet that it's a micrologix, probably built by some electrician ( no pun intended :=).

Sparky, yours dont look real, so it does not count.

For the sake of anti tie down, obviously it does not do anti tie-down like his/her intention to.

For the sake of safety discussion, It would be wise to use hardware safety relays for the purpose of safety. At the heart of the safety relays are dual channel inputs , and in the case of ATD, it would have the electronic inside to monitor for a standard time max of 500 ms and the double/redundant contacts to power the real outputs.