Factory Talk View Studio ME (8.00) ERROR I CAN'T FIGURE OUT

JohnnyQuanex

Lifetime Supporting Member
Folks,

I've not had this problem before and it is likely something stupid that I did to cause this...

Below is the error message I get when I try to create a runtime application (.MER) for my PV Plus 7 Standard (Using firmware 7)

*** Start RSLinx Enterprise Conversion Messages ***

ERROR: Unsupported driver detected. Driver name = "RSLogix 5000 Emulator". Description:
Only the Ethernet driver is supported by PanelView Plus 7 Standard Machine Edition applications. Only the Ethernet,
Serial DF1 and Serial DH485 drivers are supported by Compact Machine Edition applications.

*** End RSLinx Enterprise Conversion Messages ***

Validation completed with errors. The runtime application has NOT been created.

I haven't had this happen before; I was trying to setup the emulator awhile back so I could run in design time from my desk, but I don't know what to do or how solve this problem...

Hope you can help...

Thanks so much in advance...

John Whited

I'm not sure you can create a MER with the link being the emulator.
You can try the aplication with the emulator, just using the test function...

Yes, RSLinx Enterprise is the core driver that gets embedded/downloaded into your target HMI.

In that respect, it should be no surprise that it doesn't support the Logix5000 Emulator.

As jmsmoreira suggests, the programming software should support the emulator in test mode.

Open RSLinx
Then: Configure Drivers

If there is a driver 'RSLogix 5000 Emulator' click on it & click on the Delete button in the lower right

If the driver does not exist then something else has it, maybe check RSL5000 itself.