PanelView 1000 Communications

Secpcb

I want to add a Panelview 1000 (we have a couple stripped from old controls) to an existing SLC5/03 for displaying faults. Each PV1000 has a RS-232 and a RIO port.

I am guessing the RIO was for the operation and the RS-232 for programming.

Can they operate through the RS-232 to a DF-1 port on a SLC5/03? Or only program through it? No open slot on the SLC, or RIO adapter laying around here.

Please provide the complete catalog number of your PV.

If it is as you stated then the RS232 Aux. port can only be used for programming the PV or configured for a printer.

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay. I took a little time off at the insistence of the doctor at the clinic.
The PV is:
2711-T10G1, Ser D, Rev A, FRM 4.43

Your out of luck see my post #2

You would need a RIO scanner for your SLC5/03 to connect to your PV.