Simatic TIA13 and WincCC general quesitons

kalabdel

Hello,

To say I'm confused is to understate how little I understand anything that has to do with Wincc and that's after two weeks of reading.

So I'm writing a program that includes TP700 comfort panel.
Very simple program at the matter of fact but I seem to be reading parts of the manual that do not apply to this specific panel but to PC based systems.

The questions are:

1. Does RT Advanced/Professional refer to features available only to PC systems?
  2. When they write in the manual something like "Using Recipes in Runtime" are they referring to version of the software or does Runtime in this case means run-time as in while the program is running/being executed?

Thanks a lot

Advanced is for Confort panels (can be on PC but is mostly on panels), Professional is PC, full SCADA.

Runtime is just "when it is running". Runtime versions have different licencing, but manuals do not make the difference on that matter.(because you have non runtime licence when building the thing).

Thanks m_turk

JRW,

The main trouble I'm having is really in understanding the manual. I have a task, which I will describe below, and I kept running into sections of the manual the described features that were not available for me. Then I realized that, for example, the help section that says "Working with recipes (RT Professional)" was describing features that were available for PC systems and not stating that at all.

Ok, so basically I have crates of different sizes which are processed based size, number of rows and columns, row skipping, etc...
I have for an example a DB crate_type:

stuct
Dint
Dint
Dint
Bool
Array [1..8]of struct
Dint
Dint
Bool

The task is to pull the information of the crate selected. via combo box (Symbolic I/O field) on the HMI. Selecting crate_selected would pull only those records.

crate_type[crate_selected].****
And so on and there would be a similar variable to pull out the data from the array of structure.

My first thoughts were to write an SCL function or VB script.
Then I thought there's gotta be an easier way and after a bit of reading I figured recipes and recipe queries are candidates.
That's when things went wacky because much of what I read was for PC and SCADA not for the panel I mentioned. I now believe that recipe queries are not available for HMI panels.

Cheers
Kal

Kal, what you describe is definitely something that most easily can be solved with the standard recipe system.
Recipes are available for all systems, even down to basic panels.
Try to configure a project with a comfort panel and recipes.

I never got it to work myself, but as Jasper says. It sounds like you need recipes or tag multiplexing. Dependin on exactly what you want to do you may also want to use faceplates as well.

Check youtube tutorials for faceplates in tia portal and maybe check this example on tag multiplexing.

Sorry not read it myself so it may not be of help to you.

https://support.industry.siemens.co...le-tag-multiplexing/135139?page=0&pageSize=10

Thanks gentlemen. I'll read more and look at the example posted.

Jesper,

I can use recipe but the tab for recipe queries doesn't show up with HMI. Do you know if should work or are queries only for PC?

Cheers
Kal

Thanks Diameter157!

I can use recipe but not recipe queries. See image

Multiplexing and Faceplats look promising. I found an article that's very helpful as well.

Thanks everyone.

Kal

Just a note, I never click on a link to download stuff an outside website when it is posted in a thread on this or other forums. That is, unless I know the poster very well.
Use the image posting method that is integrated in this forum already.

Siemens 414/415/416H fail safe module configuration

Hi there!
I have knowledge of Siemens plc S7300/400 but not much in detail and I want to know about Estop plc configuration in hardware and how to configure zone wise and one zone how many e stop push buttons can be configured and ways to do testing.

Plzz help me with your expertise.

Last edited: