Wonderware NAD application

V@run

Should I open windowmaker for a NAD enabled wonderware application? Also if I disable NAD to open windowmaker will it effect the system or application if I enable NAD back again without making any changes to the application?

In a NAD environment there will be one development or server node and at least 1 network or client node. What this means is that any changes on the development node is automatically pushed out to the client nodes.

How many Wonderware 'nodes' do you have? Do you know which one is for development and which ones are clients? If so, just open up WindowMaker as normal on the development node. Once you're done, close WindowMaker and restart WindowViewer on the client nodes and they will get the new changes.

I got one I/O server linked to the application so what if I close the windowviewer on the development node would it ll effect the I/O server too ?
Also can I disable NAD on client node?

The IO server runs in a separate process which is the DA Server Manager in the System Management Console. This means you can close WindowViewer on the IO server and it won't affect communications.

Why do you want to disable NAD on the client? What are you trying to achieve exactly?

I need to edit the application on the client node only. Is it possible on the client node by disabling the NAD for some time?

Yes it is possible to do this, although I am not sure why you would want to. You would lose the convenience of having all your applications synchronized. You would also need a development license to run WindowMaker on this client node.

Perhaps there is a way to achieve what you are trying to do by using scripting and visibility. It is possible to read the computer name or node name that the application is running on, and you can use scripting to trigger visibility or other things if you only want to show a certain button or certain page on the client computer.

You do not want to edit the Node in a NAD.....this will mess you up.

You can do a script so that the window or script with the changes only shows or operates on certain clients.
I use the network node name of the pc to decide what windows are shown or scripts are operated.
Intouch has a command called "GetNodeName", it will retrieve the network name of the pc.

Syntax
GetNodeName (messagetag, nodenum);

Parameters
messagetag....
Message tagname that will contain the node name.

nodenum.....
Number of characters to retrieve from the node name. A literal integer value, integer tagname, or integer expression in the range of 0 to 131.

Example(s)
This script retrieves the node name and assigns it to the NodeName message tagname.
GetNodeName(NodeName,131);

So...you can do what you want with the script function starting with:
In the application script I run
GetNodeName(NodeName,20);

Then in my scripts I use this start line:
IF NodeName = V10-PC THEN

"V10-PC" is an example of a network name of PC with Intouch.

Last edited:
I want to see and make some changes in the tagname directory. In short to make client node as development node for some time and make it a client node back without effecting the flow of data from I/O server to SQL.

The GEHCS I/O server stopped and windowviewer is not taking data from PLC after doing disabling and enabling of NAD on the client node. Any help would be appreciated.

We need to know more about your system architecture to help you.

Which nodes are development, client, which are IO servers?

There is no reason the IO server should have stopped, can you check it is running in DA server manager and try and restart the service?