Odd Facortytalk errors, advice needed

LowRange

I'm testing a new application before downloading it to the HMI installed on the line and I'm getting a write attempt error.

Write attepmt for item [Shortcut name]tag_name talked (configuration error) on route CompatLogix at*

I'm also getting error messages stating that

[shortcut name]tag_name is unresolved in the processor

for just about every button
I am able to test the application in Factorytalk while connected to the controller over ethernet without issue, but as soon as I download the application to a spare PVP+ 400 and connect it to the same network, I get the errors. I transfered the runtime RSenterprize communications setup from the design while connected to the network. Both design and runtime paths have been verified.

Are my problems self induced from connecting two PVP+ terminals to the same controller with slightly different applications running in each for the purposes of testing or do I have a communications problem I need to resolve before moving forward with downloading the application to the production line PVP+?

Do you have a valid shortcut configured for the DESIGN time FTTrash Studio? Enterprise can be very kludgy about actually using the settings you give it for communications. Often it just does what it feels like.

The panelviews have different IP addresses. The shorcut in design and runtime have been applied and verified to the contrologix controller. The design path was established while connected to the controller and the runtime path was copied from the design.

What exact model of controller are you using ? What firmware revision ?

What firmware revision does the PV+ 400 have ?

This sounds like the PV+ simply can't resolve any of the tags in the controller, so maybe the controller (like a 1769-L18) is a lot newer than the PV+ (like a 5.10 unit).

I realize that FactoryTalk diagnostics can be tricky (and the PV+ screen is so small !), but please try to get the exact and complete message. I can work past mis-spellings and typos, but simply guessing that the word "failed" should be substituted for the word "talked" means I'm guessing.

The problems were self induced. When I got a chance to get a hold of the line in downtime I was able to download the new project file, tested the application while online with the controller, verified that the application works and finally downloaded the application to the PVP+ 6 400.

Lesson learned: be patient.