Siemens HMI download error

DLMUK

Hi all,

I have a Siemens KTP400 HMI screen which I am trying to download to but TIA portal keeps throwing up the error:

A Communication error (802081002CACFFFF) occured.

Has anybody seen this before? I can detect the device online, I can go online to it and see things like the IP address, but cannot change it. I have tried creating a blank project with just a start screen and get the same error.

I am connecting via ethernet directly into my laptop.

Cheers,

I've had plenty of times that it wouldn't download even though I could connect, and eventually I figure out what i had wrong in teh config (wrong IP range, duplicate IP address, wrong transfer type).

However, whenever I run into one of those long error codes, I just submit a hotline case and wait for them to call me back. Sometimes it's something easy and I just need to recompile again, usually its something a bit more arcane.