S7-1500->S7-300 Get/Put

Hello
I am trying to establish a S7-connection from a S7-1500F CPU to a S7-300 CPU via a S7-300 Lean card. I want to use put and get from the 1500 CPU to/from the 300 cpu. I followed the manual, and made an unspecified connection, parametized the get block in OB1, but it doesn´t work. I can ping from the 300 LEAN to the 1500 cpu, and i allowed get/put in properties of the 1500 CPU, any input on a "check" I might be missing?
In diagnostic of the 1500, it sais connection not established, and the get block give an error code 1, which basically means the same.
regards
Jesper

You might want to check that one side, and only one side, is marked as "active". If both sides are waiting for the other, nothing will happen. I don't think the connection will start if both sides are active, either.

Also I think you need to enable the Put/Get permit access this is under the plc properties/protection/connection mechanisms

Hello
Thanks for replying. I only made sure, that the DB I want to read/write from in the 300, is there, else nothing in the 300 CPU.
I checked the Permit get/put under properties in the 1500.

Still not working
Regards
Jesper

on Netpro you need to made conncetion which I assume you have allready maded (unspecified). For that connection you give local ID, IP-address of partner PLC and rack and slot numbers of CPU (0, 2 for 300?)

Then you need to download hardware to 1500 CPU (system data)

On PLC program side you need to call PUT / GET blocks with connection ID (Note: it is on hex format on Netpro, even that it don't show that on Netpro)

I also think that there was different PUT/GET blocks for communication with inbuild port and additional communication cards. Still they can have same FB numbers on step7 side but needed to search from different libraries ;)

It was that there is SFB14 and FB14. SFB14 can only used if PLC support it.

Last edited:
Hello all
Thanks for all your input.
I tried to change the connection, to point at another CPU, and then it worked.
Then I tried to connect to 3 different 300 CPU´s, and 2 out of 3 worked, the one that did not work, was the first one i tried (go figure..), so something must be different about this CPU.
I´ll go hunting for differences tomorrow :)
Goodnight.
Regards
Jesper

You need to disable "Optimized access" in the db properties on 1500 side.
I have done it numerous times on s7-300 side.

First - one sided S7 connection in netpro to unknown partner.
Second - Dont use FB14/15 from Standard Library - for CP343-1 use one from Simatic_Net_CP.
Third - You cannot fetch/write more than 160B per request ( I don't remember correctly ).

I'm attaching my Netpro and sample function.
http://imgur.com/vvgrftP

Last edited: