Hc900

Hi all,
Do we have HC900 to CLX migration tool as of now?

No, and honestly, there never will be one. The HC900 has too many function blocks that CLX will never have (and probably has no need for).

Full disclosure, I work for a Honeywell distributor. Even if I didn't, I like the HC900 better than CLX for process applications. This is just a comment, I'm not throwing down the gauntlet to all the folks that use CLX in process applications, because we use CLX when our customers ask us to.

Last edited:
No, and honestly, there never will be one. The HC900 has too many function blocks that CLX will never have (and probably has no need for).

Full disclosure, I work for a Honeywell distributor. Even if I didn't, I like the HC900 better than CLX for process applications. This is just a comment, I'm not throwing down the gauntlet to all the folks that use CLX in process applications, because we use CLX when our customers ask us to.

I do a lot of HC900 work. I work a lot in the heat treat industry.
Nice setup, solid IO modules, and good FBs.
However....they could improve scan speed and modbus communications.
It is odd also... using a real regsiter for digital input...

I do a lot of HC900 work. I work a lot in the heat treat industry.
Nice setup, solid IO modules, and good FBs.
However....they could improve scan speed and modbus communications.
It is odd also... using a real regsiter for digital input...

Stay tuned, speeds are changing...

>Stay tuned, speeds are changing...

Is something other than the V6.006 update a year ago in the offing?

The update a year ago (V6.006) reduced the V1 through early V6 0.50 sec scan rate to 100mS conditional on a 'qualified' configuration.

V6_AI_update_rate_at_100m_S_with_qualified_rack_c.jpg

Note that the qualified configuration is for high level AI cards only, not for the universal input card, which still retains the 0.5S update rate. It also requires the SIL CPU, not the standard CPU; the non-SIL CPU has the 0.5S AI scan rate.

The 'fast' discrete scan rate is 10mS.

>Stay tuned, speeds are changing...

Is something other than the V6.006 update a year ago in the offing?

The update a year ago (V6.006) reduced the V1 through early V6 0.50 sec scan rate to 100mS conditional on a 'qualified' configuration.

V6_AI_update_rate_at_100m_S_with_qualified_rack_c.jpg

Note that the qualified configuration is for high level AI cards only, not for the universal input card, which still retains the 0.5S update rate. It also requires the SIL CPU, not the standard CPU; the non-SIL CPU has the 0.5S AI scan rate.

The 'fast' discrete scan rate is 10mS.

I don't know that those speeds ever actually happened. I have not seen a configuration that did, anyway.

I have seen the roadmap and they are planning for higher speeds throughout the version 6.x family of processors.