What does an "X" at the end of a PanelView catalog number mean?

benanna

We have a PanelView 1000 that has died. It has a catalog number of 2711-T10C20X Series F. We found a replacement, but the catalog number is 2711-T10C20 Series D (no "X" at the end).

What does the "X" signify at the end of the catalog number? Will this work as a direct replacement?

I can confirm; if the part number sticker has an X, it's been remanufactured.

People would remove paint dots and "remanufactured" stickers, but they seldom removed the part number sticker.

The Series letters for E and F were probably just hardware changes for part obsolescence. A PanelView Standard of that era will accept firmware upgrades via flash (the files were packaged with PanelBuilder32) so to make the new terminal compatible with the previous one, do a firmware install.