FactoryTalk EnergyMetrix login problems

Compass

Hello.

I'm working on Factorytalk EnergyMetrix

I've been using SQL Management Studio to restore backups of the EMMA file. You see, we lost a great deal of unbacked data, and I was hoping to find something close to the old configuration.

Anyway, the backups are so out of date I decided that it would be better to start over. We just have 6 powermonitors anyway.

While I was checking different backups, I did something wrong somewhere and now I can't log on to energy Metrix.

It starts with

Invalid object name 'SystemConfig"

Stack trace
[OleDbExeption (0x80040e37): Invalid object name 'SystemConfig'

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
If it makes things easier, I'd love to just wipe out our database entirely and start over like this was a new computer. At bare minimum I just need to be able to log on to energymetrix again.

Any suggestions?

A rockell tech helped me through it.

use sql management studio to delete EMMA.mdf and all its connections.

uninstall / reinstall

make sure to install with a login that uses sysadmin credentials or it won't rebuild the database.

if you're daring then try restoring a backup .bak file to the fixed emma.mdf database.