Modicon M340 connecting issue

blackhawkdown

Today i have an assignment programming a huge mixing machine using PLC Modicon M-340 (DDI 3202K and DDO 32023 K as I/O Module) . I dont know where to start, but first , i try to connect my Laptop with Modicon M-340. The connection went smoothly (test usb device, test connection, until connect to PLC) but i can't read the program inside the PLC. The status are almost green but one status Different shows red. Iam using Unity pro XL trial version. any suggestion?

the trial version of unity I have allows me 24 days use of all the features, including downloading and uploading projects.

If the upload button is disabled maybe there is no project in the PLC? Could a version mismatch cause this problem? I have also seen if someone else is connected in programming mode and then I connect in monitoring mode without the program I can't upload the program from the PLC in monitoring mode.

hi brendonh,
the status after connecting the plc is as below :
1. HMI R/W Mode in green
2. Different in Red
3. Run in Green
4. No Upload Info in yellow
5. TCPIP in green

all the status is showed after we connect the PLC to the PC.
i am using Unity pro v8.0. Any suggest? thanks before

Hi Blackhawk

Thanks thats very helpful, but probably going to be a big issue for you, the PLC has a program in it but the original Programmer has disabled the upload information which means you wont be able to upload the program from the plc.

you will need to get the .STU file that is the exact same as what is in the PLC from whoever configured the PLC.

ok thanks brandon & ganutenator, how about if we stop the plc from running. is it possible to make the program readable / the program can be transferred to PC?

I'm 90% sure I have seen this issue before, try finding a Schneider program called unity loader, I'm relatively certain that could help resolve your issue.

If the unity loader doesnt work, you can also load a new file or delete the existing program in the sd card. Remove power on plc, insert card again and you should be good to go
Schneider has a software tool for loading and formatting the sd card in an m340

dear chud, thanks for the response. based on your answer, is it possible after the steps that we take as you say to read the program? thanks before

No, you will erase the program. In your original post you said that you are starting a new project. So my suggestions was to help you to get connected to the plc by erasing its memory
you will need a SD card reader if you want to go this route