Servo Application

swayne76

Hello All,
I inherited an application involving a kinetix 5500 2198 H008 ERS servo drive and a compact logix processor that will be used for a simple positioning application. I have little experience with servo programming. I was going through the parts that were ordered before I became involved and they had ordered a 1769-L24ER-QBFC1B processor as the controller. The little experience I do have are with the "m" processors and using studio 5000 to set up the drive. My question is, is it possible to use the above processor in this application and where would one start?

Thanks

To the best of my knowledge the K5500 must be controlled as a "motion drive", which would require the M variant of the controller. I don't think there is a way to define the K5500 simply as an Ethernet/IP drop and control is similarly to a PF755.

Keith

I'm in the midst of a Kinetix 5500 on Ethernet/IP and you have to set it up as a CIP Axis. You of course set the CPU as the time master and the ethernet card has to also be set up to time sync as well. I'm away from work for a few days so don't specifically recall all the settings.