help converting DirectSoft5 to Do-More Desiner

mikeweber3

I am very green at PLC programming. I have a program with 135 rungs running on a Direct Logic DO-06DR. I am wanting to remote control and remote monitor it. I am considering migrating to the Do-More series. I have downloaded the conversion software but it looks overwhelming to me. :(

I have 70 warnings and 67 messages. Many have to do with
1. Accumulator stack no longer being used.
2. Math functions
3. Do-more does not support a built in LCD display
4. All of my Timers are in error
5. Do-more does not support BCD
6. OUTD obsolete
7. Many more.

Have any of you had experience with this? Is anyone willing to help me with it?

Thanks
Mike

The conversion requires a full understanding of the program and system operation as implemented in the Directsoft program. Can you contact the original programmer? That may help.

For each warning and message you will have to determine the operation of the program at that point and re-create it using the instruction set of the Do-more.

How will you replace the display functions?

Thanks guys,

The original programming company went bankrupt and left my customer with a non-working 250KW induction wind generator. I have found a few bugs and am getting the thing up and running, but it is 60 miles from home and I would like to remote access it.

I don't know on the display. Can you hook a display screen to the Do-More CPU?

Thanks
Mike

Thanks guys,

The original programming company went bankrupt and left my customer with a non-working 250KW induction wind generator. I have found a few bugs and am getting the thing up and running, but it is 60 miles from home and I would like to remote access it.

I don't know on the display. Can you hook a display screen to the Do-More CPU?

Thanks
Mike

You can add hmi for display.

What kind of comms do you have available for remote monitoring? Telephone, Internet, other?

I've "converted" longer programs from DL340 to DL350 before - grab a coffee and start rewriting from scratch, using the original as a guide.

But yes, you will need to know how the original program or at least how the generator is supposed to work.

Thanks for responding. I can get WIFI out there. Yes I do have empty slots and considered an Ethernet card. As I understand it the Ethernet card will allow remote monitoring, but not remote programming or remote program upload or downloads.

Thanks for responding. I can get WIFI out there. Yes I do have empty slots and considered an Ethernet card. As I understand it the Ethernet card will allow remote monitoring, but not remote programming or remote program upload or downloads.

Not true, as long as the Mode Switch is in Term you will be able to download a program to the PLC.

It needs to be in Term position to allow the software to take the PLC out of run mode for the download.

Richard,

Thanks for the reply. I don't fully understand the difference. Can I leave it in Term mode all the time? What is the difference between Term and Run?

Thanks

Mike