Slc 5/05 plc

Ones_Zeros

Hey guys I have a AB SLC 500 (5/05) PLC
See details below:
PLC.jpg

The problem that I'm having is when power is lost to this site,the PLC loses its program & will not load after power is restored.

After power is restored the PLC goes into Fault & will not load the program.

I have to load the program from EEPROM everytime.

What would cause this issue & what could I check?

Thanks alot

Program loss can be caused by a poor ground or lack of surge protection acrossed inductive loads,check these.

Make sure the battery is good, it(the PLC) should hold its program.

For loading a program from a EEPROM (memory module) check the status bits required to make this happen automatically, if that is what you want.

See pdf

If the battery is fine, you may want to consider the rack power supply. I've had this issue before and there have been threads addressing the same issue here and here, among others.

It might be helpful to note the color/state of each LED on the SLC front when the episode occurs. Hope this helps.

*I'm not sure how loading from EEPROM would be affected by this issue.

Last edited:
Thanks so much everyone for the feedback!!
I will check these things & post back

If you guys think of anything else to test
Post & let me know please.

Thanks